Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Crazy, Chaos.. just how I like it!

Have you ever tried to get somewhere but just couldn't? Late for everything? Wanted to get to those dishes done before bed, but your eyes were burning? Planned on buying a card for the wedding but took too long to get ready and walked into the reception card-less... take a step into my office!

Lately, I feel like I can't keep up; like I'm swimming upstream rather. If it isn't one thing, I swear its another. A couple of weeks ago, Braylon experienced a severe allergic reaction.. but to what? This lasted for 4 days.. after 2 trips to our pathetic pediatrician's office, I finally drove Bray to the ER. His left eye looked like he just stepped out of a boxing ring and the rest of his body was consumed with huge red and white puffy circles and he was itchin' like the dickins! It was a sad scene; never had I felt so helpless.

He was miserable and 'baby' benedryl wasn't doing anything for him. Bray and I sat (not really) in the ER for the majority of the morning before severe doctors told us, "We just don't know what could be causing this reaction, we may never know"... Thank you! Needless to say, we have no idea how my poor lovey could have such a severe reaction, but he is looking like himself again. What a stressful week though- any working mom knows what I'm talking about. I felt so torn between my obligation to work and tending to Braylon. It all worked out but it was another obstacle of being a working mom.

Emily & Josh flew home for Grant's homecoming which just so happened to be at the tail-end of Braylon's break out. Overall, it was still a great weekend. They won the game and Emily & I were able to have some great QT together. We hung out, watched the MI game, played with Bray and had a bonfire. Weekends like that warm my heart; so bittersweet. Some days are worse than other though; having her all the way in Texas is so difficult but we make it work. Weekly skype dates (love technology) and daily g-chat convos fill the void of living on opposites sides (north & south) of this great country.

Isn't this a great picture of us during the Homecoming parade... <3>

















Here are some more pictures from our weekend.. enjoy :)











After that weekend, another full force ahead work week came and went. I swear life during the week is a blur.. its another one of those trying to keep up stories. Between Braylon, working and volleyball I can hardly find time to shower.. jokes! This past weekend was CMU's homecoming. All of my college roommates and I made plans to head back to CMU to celebrate being alumni and reunite for a weekend together! Let me just say, coming back is not the same! I also don't really drink these days so that I'm sure had a lot to do with it. We had terrific weather to tailgate in, it was high 60s with lots of sunshine! I have to say, just being around friends like them makes me melt; I've missed them so much but my life back home has me moving in another direction. I will forever be thankful to have met such great people!












Now, I'm buried deep in this work week but will admit I have a hard time believing it is already Wednesday. My volleyball season is coming to an end.. YES! I actually need to cut this short and head to our game tonight... until next time, ONElove!

Abby

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Abbs. I appreciate your role in moving forward but still being able to embrace those of us from your past. Had a wonderful time with you! Love love love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete