Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Good Morning America!!




Today I woke up and turned on the tv... like most mornings, I keep the tv set to ABC. The majority of the shows I watched are on ABC and I love to see what GMA has to say to Americans each morning. Today, to my surprise, the first thing I hear "Why hasn't President Obama been down here to help", "This should be a time when his ratings are on the rise, not staggering"... YES, I am just as shocked as YOU! National news finally had something to say about the way Obama has been handling things.

I want to make it clear, I support President Obama because he is my President; I DO NOT support his actions or what he stands for. I just think it says wonders when an influencial Democrat is in such an uproar that he is tripping over his words on GOOD MORNING AMERICA!

I just wonder what "changes" Obama really promised us he was going to make. In college during the election Obama campaign supporters had signs everywhere. "Yes we can".... We can what?! He was appealing to the people of my generation, he was savvy with his words...a great speaker, he's best friends with Oprah and goes to Yankees games with Jay Z... a college students dream! There are so many times I think to myself, is this our President, why? How did this happen? He is more of a celebrity than anything.

This shouldn't be about Democrats and Republicans, rather the AMERICAN people! When is our turn to enter the game and take the spotlight? While these two parties are in a game of tug-o-war, the people who really matter are the ones suffering.

2 comments:

  1. Well written Abby. I agree with you 100% Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an old copy of "The American Experience," a book written by a transplanted Brit, Henry Bamford Parkes, back in the late 40s and updated through the late 50s. I highly recommend it if you want to read a clear chronicle of how we ended up with our two party system, how the parties have changed over the centuries, and why its probably the best way to go, believe it or not. Check it out if you can find it Ab!

    ReplyDelete