Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Life. Sigh. Life.

Today is just a sad, sad day... for so many reasons. My head is spinning out of control. I have so many questions--- then again, when don't I? I question God so much, but that's okay right? My Aunt Prudie always used to tell me, God would rather you scream at him than not say anything to him at all-- words to live by!

Today has really just been an odd day, to say the least. My heart is hearting- yearning- crying out- broken.


You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand (John 13:7)


This verse has been my life's staple for what seems like eternity. When my parents decided life together wasn't going to work anymore, I opened my daily devotion and that is what I read. I learned right then and there, God was listening. I knew that he knew my heart-- but I wasn't about to go down that easy. I wanted answers right then! I put up a fight; crossed my arms, laid on my back (kicking and screaming) for hours. I through a fit and I didn't care how ridiculous I looked.

I've noticed recently, we, meaning humans, throw fits all the time, over ANYTHING. Like I said, today isn't good. Today actually sucks. This morning I woke up early, turned on the news (nothing new there) and began to get ready for work. I heard our local station mention a shooting in Mount Pleasant last night, but, honestly I paid it no attention. I thought to myself, oh another petty crime. Couldn't have been more wrong.

Man shot at Cabin bar - The Morning Sun News: Serving Clare, Gratiot and Isabella counties


My beloved alma matter. I spent many nights, had many conversations, worked many fundraisers and ate lots of pizza at 'The Cabin' (where the shooting took place). The issue here isn't the location of where this awful event took place but why it took place. I'm not sure on all the reasons, I've heard many stories. I can say there is a lot of 'he say, she say'... All I really care about is an innocent life was taken as well as angry soul, over what? Someone throwing a fit over a situation that was highly tamable through conversation.

After the initial shock, I realized-- this happens all too often. People go to drastic measures over issues that are resolvable-- altering lives of others forever. God is constantly reminding me that he is available and ready to take the wheel. I'm trying to make sense of something that is nonsense. I read a post earlier this morning by a friend from CMU regarding the shooting... he said that Satan is at it again. How true? Satan is ready to steal, kill and destroy. We all fall victim to his inviting temptations somewhere along the line. I know that I do!

This afternoon I've had several people calling my office-- swearing, screaming, sounding so miserable-- it brought me back to the shooting last night. This world is full of such deceit. How terrible it must be for customers to call an office, threaten workers, scream until the phone shakes and still sleep soundly at night? It's your choice- your actions- your life... how do you handle your fits?

My challenge to you friends is to take this tragedy, these lies, satan's deceit and apply it to your walk with God. He is right there, ready for you to take his hand. For with him, nothing is impossible.

Today, when you think about it-- say a prayer, for the victim in this horrible shooting, for the family and friends and also for the shooter. May his family find peace during this disturbing time. My heart goes out to you all--

I pray that when we want to throw a fit, that we take a step back and analyze the situation. What is really going on? Are we being rational? Is there a way to handle this calmly? Life is too short. God is FAITHFUL.


Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again. (Psalm 71:20).

AMEN. Abby.

2 comments:

  1. I totally here you... Life has been rough for a while.. and I keep coming back to this verse:

    ‎"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

    There is always hope, even when I can't point to what it is other than to say God's got it.. :)
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without evil there can be no good... all in the plan... xxoo

    ReplyDelete